Vehicle Registration Renewal
Before you begin, you must:
- Have the last 5 digits of your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for a vehicle or the Hull Identification Number (HIN) for a vessel/boat.
- Have your Smog certification filed with DMV, if needed
- Have a renewal notice that shows your current address OR confirmed through the Change of Address system that your address has been updated.
IMPORTANT: If you have recently submitted or intend to submit within the next 7-10 days an online change of address, we recommend that you mail-in your renewal notice and change your address on the back of the form.
Login/Registration is not required for this online service.
No additional fee is charged for renewing your registration online.
Renewing your registration only takes four simple steps:
- Enter vehicle or vessel/boat information.
- Confirm record information and select/enter payment option.
- Read and accept the E-Checking payment terms, if applicable.
- Receive confirmation of your transaction.
- You will need one of your checks (not a deposit slip) to obtain the bank routing number and account number.
- When entering your account number do not include the check number.
- E-check customers cannot purchase more than one item per transaction.
- Business checks are not acceptable for e-checking.
Or one of the following credit cards:
Or ATM/debit card with a VISA or MC logo from any of the following participating networks:
- Renewal Questions
- Smog Information
- Insurance Info
- Browser Information
- Ineligible Vehicles
- Security Awareness (PDF)