The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers some key services to provide customers with more online options.
- Vehicle Registration Renewal
Renew your vehicle registration.
- Vehicle Registration Fee Calculator
Calculate an estimate of your vehicle registration fees.
- Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability
Complete your vehicle transfer and release of liability.
- Vehicle Registration Suspension Program
Submit insurance information and/or pay your $14.00 reinstatement fee.
- Special Interest and Personalized Plates
Order Special Interest and Personalized plates.
- Vehicle Record Request - Login Required
Request your own vehicle record.
- Affidavit of Non-Use
Notify the DMV that the currently registered vehicle is not being operated or parked on any California roadway and the liability coverage has been cancelled to avoid registration suspension; or remove a previously submitted Affidavit of Non-Use from the vehicle record.
- Mobilehome Renewal Registration
Link to the California Department of Housing and Community Development website.
Driver License / ID Card Information
- Driver License / Identification (DL/ID) Card Renewal - Login Required
Renew your Driver License or Identification Card.
- Driver Record Request - Login Required
Request your own driver record.
- Occupational License Information
Check the current license status of businesses licensed by the DMV.
- Occupational Licensing Industry News (OLIN Memos)
Receive email alerts from the DMV to notify you immediately when a publication or update, which may impact your business or customers, is placed on DMV's website.
- Register to Vote
Link to the Voter Registration page on the California Secretary of State website.
- Traffic Payment
Link to the CA.gov website to select the county where you received your citation.
For faster service, make an appointment before visiting a DMV office.
- Change of Address - Login Required
Complete your change of address online.
Download DMV forms.
- DMV Office Locations - Find local Field Offices, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.
- Business Partner Locator
The DMV has established an electronic BPA Program that allows qualified industry partners to process vehicle related transactions from their remote locations. The participants are authorized to issue validated registration cards, full year stickers, and license plates from their offices.
- Simple Refunds
Request a refund of vehicle/vessel license fees.
- Technical Support
Report technical problems, such as broken links, problems with forms, missing images, etc.
- Traffic School List
Find traffic schools.