Vehicle Registration Renewal
Before you begin, you must:
- Have the last 5 digits of your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for a vehicle or the Hull Identification Number (HIN) for a vessel/boat.
- Have your smog certification filed with DMV, if needed.
- Have a renewal notice that shows your current address OR confirmed through the Change of Address system that your address has been updated.
IMPORTANT: If you have recently submitted or intend to submit within the next 7-10 days an online change of address, we recommend that you mail-in your renewal notice and change your address on the back of the form.
No additional fee is charged for renewing your registration online.
Renewing your registration only takes four simple steps:
- Enter vehicle or vessel/boat information.
- Confirm record information and select/enter payment option.
- Read and accept the E-Checking payment terms, if applicable.
- Receive confirmation of your transaction.
- You will need one of your checks (not a deposit slip) to obtain the bank routing number and account number.
- When entering your account number do not include the check number.
- E-check customers cannot purchase more than one item per transaction.
- Business checks are not acceptable for e-checking.
Or one of the following credit cards:
Or ATM/debit card with a VISA or MC logo from any of the following participating networks: