These How To documents provide detailed information covering a variety of topics, including the California DMV and vehicle registration (VR).
- HTVR 2 Handle the DMV Matters of a Deceased Person
- HTVR 4 Register a Junk Vehicle
- HTVR 6 Dispose of a Vehicle Valued at $500 or Less Removed by a Public Agency
- HTVR 7 Conduct a Lien Sale for a Vehicle Valued at $4,000 or Less
- HTVR 8 Conduct a Lien Sale for a Vehicle Stored at a Self-Service Storage Facility or Valued Over $4,000
- HTVR 9 Register a Vehicle from Out of State (Nonresident Vehicle)
- HTVR 9A Register a Vehicle Imported From Another Country
- HTVR 10 Apply for a Replacement California Certificate of Title
- HTVR 11 Obtain Duplicate or Substitute License Plates and Stickers
- HTVR 13 Reregister a Salvage (Total Loss) Vehicle
- HTVR 14 Register Vehicles Which Are No Longer on DMV’s Records
- HTVR 15 Convert From Nontransferable Registration
- HTVR 16 Obtain a Salvage or Nonrepairable Vehicle Certificate
- HTVR 17 Complete a Name Correction on a Certificate of Title
- HTVR 18 Change a Legal Owner Only
- HTVR 19 Register an Off-Highway Vehicle
- HTVR 20 Register, Renew, or Transfer a Vessel
- HTVR 24 Obtain Personalized and Special Interest License Plates
- HTVR 32 Change Vehicle Ownership
- HTVR 33 Determine Residency/When Fees Are Due on Out-of-State Vehicles
Need something else?
Manuals and Handbooks
We put together these manuals and handbooks to help you learn the rules of the road and prepare for your knowledge tests.
Sample DL Knowledge Tests
These sample driver license knowledge tests will help you prepare for your knowledge test and understand the kinds of questions we’ll ask.
We have videos that cover a range of topics to help you apply for an instruction permit, prepare to take your knowledge and driving tests, and get your DL.